Coaches of the MSCCA met by Google Meet on Saturday January 14th. Minutes of the meeting:
1. MSCCA Calendar Voyles Classic-September 9th at The Hermitage MSCCA Middle School Championships September 8th at The Hermitage MSCCA Championships October 14th at Buckner Park, Dickson TN
2. MSCCA Banquet November 6th at Brentwood Academy 6pm
3. Discussion of All-MSCCA teams as it relates to division A schools. No change was made for the 2023 season.
4. MSCCA Divisions-Coach Josh Bell of Brentwood Academy discussed a proposal of whether schools should/could be allowed to move UP in division if they are a smaller school/lower division. He expressed a desire for their school to be classified AAA.
The following points were discussed in relation to the proposal. -concern that if schools start moving up in division then other schools will possibly want to move down -regardless of what division a school is located for MSCCA purposes-athletes are still being recognized at the banquet -each high school coach will receive a chance to vote by Google Form concerning this issue
5. Financial Report was given by Director Eric Hickerson. Coach Greg Matney of East Hickman was added to the MSCCA account.
6. Discussion of encouraging schools hosting meets to have an AED and/or medical personnel on hand.