The 2013 Coaches Meeting was held on November 9th. Below are the minutes from the meeting.
MSCCA Coaches Meeting – 11/9/2013
1. Took a vote on the date for the Voyles Classic (Al Evans-Director abstained from the vote.) 11 votes for Saturday, August 23rd 4 votes for Saturday, August 30th
Agreed to make start time for Voyles 8:30 AM
Additionally, the Voyles Classic will now be 1 boys and 1 girls varsity race. Divisions have been eliminated due to difficulty in dividing the divisions for competition. This will allow all runners to compete against each other. There will also now be JV races for boys and girls on the day of the Voyles Classic.
2. Vote for MSCCA Championship course to be used twice (Voyles & Champs) (Al Evans-Director abstained from the vote.)
3 votes for twice 8 votes for redesigning the course
3. The MSCCA will go to a chip system for scoring meets starting in 2014. Coaches in attendance voted to approve this system. In addition to the yearly MSCCA fees, each school will be asked to pay a ONE TIME FEE OF $100.00 to help purchase this system.
Vote on a one-time fee ($100 HS, $50 MS) to raise funds for purchase of a chip timing system
14 votes yes 1 vote no (Al Evans-Director abstained from the vote.)
4. Each school's athletic director will receive a printed copy of the MSCCA handbook.
5. Vote on which races count for the All-Midstate team
3 votes for counting three meets (previous format from 2012)
9 votes for counting two meets (keep same format as last season)
6. Completed 2014 Schedule-Some dates are a work in progress.
7. All schools will be required to register for ALL MSCCA EVENTS. This includes Tuesday Member Meets. Teams not registered will not be allowed to participate in the varsity races.