We are hopeful for a full season of XC. Coach The MSCCA is closely monitoring the status of high school sports in Tennessee and will make appropriate decisions when we are able. At this time we ask that you NOT send in MSCCA dues for the 2020 season. Once we know what the season will look like, we will give updates. We hope and pray that your athletes and families are all well during this time.
Stephen Williams and Eric Hickerson
The MSCCA held it's annual meeting on November 9th at Ramsey Solutions in Franklin, TN. Below is a summary of items discussed.
1. Discussed the 2020 Calendar. The calendar above has been updated to reflect important dates. MSCCA Member Meets will continue to be updated as they can be provided. Key dates for the MSCCA are:
Voyles Classic-August 29th at the Hermitage. MSCCA Championships-October 17th, Buckner Park, Dickson TN.
2. Discussed the current size of the MSCCA teams. It was agreed to stay at the current format of 24-AAA, 14-AA, and 7-A. We will again explore the possibility of hosting the banquet in another location with more room and possibly on a different weekday. No decision has been made at this time. Classifications in the MSCCA for the upcoming year will be updated to reflect the mid cycle enrollment numbers.
3. Discussed the upcoming 2021-2025 TSSAA Classification Cycle as it relates to Cross Country.
4. Discussed timing choices for the 2020 season. Co-Directors Williams and Hickerson will explore options as it relates to chip timed races for the upcoming season.
5. Voted to change the middle school awards for midweek meets 5 to 10 medals with no ribbons.
Since 1976 the MSCCA has been the leader for cross country in the Middle Tennessee area. We welcome any school or individual to join the association. Each school pays a fee that allows their team to compete in our two championships races (Voyles Classic and MSCCA Champs) and any of our midweek meets that can be found on the MSCCA Member Meet page.
Meets found at the Area Invitationals page have their own separate fee. Look at the information linked with each meet or contact the meet director for more information. If you have additional questions, you can email Eric Hickerson at firstname.lastname@example.org
MSCCA Championships - October 12 - Buckner Park Regional Meets must be finished by October 26 TMSSA State Meet - October 5 TSSAA State Meet - November 2